Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.John F. Kennedy
Our attorneys recognize that negotiation is key to resolving conflict. That is why our Dallas office offers divorce mediation services as an alternative to the lengthy and often expensive process of courtroom litigation.
Experience has shown us that mediation is one of the best options for achieving a peaceful and negotiated resolution. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who offer creative solutions tailored to meet our clients’ needs. Is mediation a viable option for your divorce? Call our office today and schedule an initial consultation – 214-265-7630. To offset an already stressful situation, we keep our rates reasonable and offer flexible payment plans.
How a Mediator Helps Resolve Your Legal Issues
In mediation, a neutral third party guides you and your estranged spouse through the process of divorce. The ultimate goal is to reach a mutually satisfying agreement on the important issues in a divorce, such as who gets what (how to divide marital property), child custody, and spousal support.
The mediator does not act as the judge or jury in mediations. Our mediators are simply the facilitators who help you and your spouse reach a resolution on the disputed issues without having to go to court.
Advantages of Mediation
There are a number of reasons people choose mediation over other, more traditional divorce options. Some of the advantages offered by mediation include:
- It’s private – If you’re anxious about having to share personal details about your life, you may find comfort in knowing the mediation process is strictly confidential. A public courtroom cannot afford the same level of privacy.
- It’s cost-effective – Mediation is typically less expensive than hiring a divorce attorney to argue a court case. In addition to saving on attorney fees, mediation may cut out some court fees and other related expenses. Call our firm at 214–290-8001 to learn more about our cost-effective options for divorce.
- It gives you power – In a court hearing, the judge calls all the shots. During mediation, you and your spouse are in a greater position of power. You’re able to participate in the creation of the resolution and this typically means it will be easier to live with in the long term.
- It’s a more peaceful option – The desire to end a marriage doesn’t necessarily indicate a desire for conflict and animosity. Some couples prefer the cooperative approach of mediation as opposed to “battling it out” in the courtroom. This is especially beneficial when there are children involved and you and your ex-spouse will need to maintain contact and communication down the line.
- It can save time – You and your soon-to-be ex-spouse essentially dictate the length of the mediation process. A less complex case can be resolved fairly quickly.
While there are many advantages to divorce mediation, it’s not a suitable choice in all situations. This is especially true in cases where there has been abuse or violence in the home. Contact us to speak with a Dallas Divorce Mediation Lawyer today.
Interested in a cooperative and effective approach to divorce?
Learn more about mediation by taking advantage of our firm’s confidential consultation. To schedule an appointment, call 214-265-7630 or complete our online contact form. We want to answer all of your questions about the Dallas divorce mediation process and help you determine if it’s the right option for you.